Thursday, October 23, 2008

Of Canada

Ok, so it is weird that I don't miss Canada at all. But before you get too excited, let me tell you that this doesn't mean that I will pick up and move back at any given time, or that I'm nagging about the life there vs. here, even if there's a lot to say when one wants to compare.

I definitely miss my parents, my family and my dear friends there. Thank God for the Internet that keeps us virtually close and in touch!

But of the things in Canada that I miss, here's my list:

  1. IKEA stores, their furniture, their $1 breakfast, and their Swedish meatballs lunch
  2. Niagara Falls, one of the most beautiful places in Canada that I have visited
  3. Long distance driving, between TO and Mtl, or up north on HWY 400 or the 404
  4. SPACE between cars on streets and highways, BIG TIME!!!
  5. My job at Dell, and the team of wonderful funny people I worked with :)
  6. Warehouse stores, especially the ones in Cookstown, Vaughan Mills, and on Eglinton Street
  7. Roots warehouse stores and their comfy cotton clothes
  8. Pumpernickel and Rye breads (I can't believe I can't find that in Lebanon!)
    Update: Karam found it today (28/10/08) in a Russian store, and it's called Russian bread LOL
  9. Authentic Indian food, especially that little store beside the Dell office
  10. Downtown Montreal and Old Montreal in the summer time; walking there is great, day & night
I can definitely live without these things and places, but can't help but miss having them close by, from time to time, that's all :)