Monday, June 23, 2008

This is Life

I've been here for 4 months that felt more like 4 years with all that happened in this very short period of time. From moving back home, to preparing my wedding and all the roadblocks and the stress involved in such a task, to getting the house ready for the arrival of my parents and the family visiting from North America. Add to those 2 funerals of people I know and love right before the wedding, which changed a few aspects of the wedding including the bride’s house and the maid of honor. Then our wedding came along and it was a beautiful day - Thanks to God. The honeymoon was caught short due to the troubles that broke out in different areas of the country. Thankfully the airport closure didn’t affect us much. And then came 3 more death of people I know in my hometown after the wedding, 2 major accidents of the neighbors - he heavily burnt his hand and slightly his face with electricity, and she broke her arms and ribs on an ATV ride that went wrong. On a brighter side, we bought a new car, and I found a job in my field, starting tomorrow...

I have never thought that life can be so unpredictable, precious, happy, bittersweet, sad, lucky, unlucky, and challenging all at once and is such a short time. If there is a word that describes best my feelings, it’s overwhelming!


from Jezzine
But all in all, I am loving life in Lebanon. Every day brings a new surprise. Along with its power outages, its lack of water, its political chaos, its people’s crazy behavior - especially on the roads, and its economical problems, faith still exists in all religions and all people even the ones that don’t know it, we're having more Lebanese Saints, Our Lady has always Her Hands and Her Heart open for us at any given day, neighbors genuinely care and they are there for you when you need them most, the sun still shines every day, the birds sing every morning, the majestic mountains talk, and the moon is definitely closer here. 7amdella.