Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year’s Resolution

I never understood the meaning or the use of it really. Aslan what does "resolution" mean? Wikipedia, help please!
A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until the set goal has been achieved, although many resolutions go unachieved and are often broken fairly shortly after they are set.” For more, please visit this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_resolution

Ok so it’s a commitment that is often and quickly broken. So basically it’s not even a commitment. Could it be a wish, a piece of hope, a wishful thinking? I don’t know but to me it seems that I’m not missing much by not having a “New Year’s Resolution”. I mean it’s not making me any less of a woman . Ok good, I feel better now!

Frankly, I never knew what to think of it, and of course every year I’m asked the same question “What is your New Year’s Resolution, Coco?”
- “hmmm… be good, loose weight, drink less, be less bitchy, love people more, be more friendly, study, work well, find a new job, hate Canada’s winter less…” anything that pleases the audience's ears, but I never meant any of it nor did I work on resolving any of these commitments. Ok maybe the loosing weight sometimes, but only because I eat too much and carelessly during the depressing cold boring winter holidays season that I need to clean my system again.

2008, so many things happening this year that I don’t even need a New Year’s Resolution to occupy me with commitments. Let’s call these things New Year’s Resolutions for the fun of it, shall we?

Move:

  • Book my one-way flight back Home
  • Sell my belongings that are not going with me, including my ZEE70
  • Give away the things that are not worth selling
  • Pack and ship the stuff I cannot part without
  • Get back on the healthy track because I’m starting to feel the pain of junk in my system
  • Find a good replacement for me at work. I’m gonna miss working for Dell! :(
  • Do my taxes for 2007 before I leave Canadialand
Get Married:

  • Prepare the house in Zouk for the familia that is coming to the wedding
  • Help Karam in preparing our house for after the wedding
  • Help in preparing the wedding in May (the honeymoon not my problem)
  • Make sure the dress fits (maybe some loosing weight will be needed, we’ll see about that)
Start a New Life:

  • Get the official papers I need for my new life: ID card, driver’s license, etc.
  • Get a car and learn how to drive in Lebanon (or learn before buying a car, we’ll see)
  • Find a job, hopefully a good one and not in Beirut
  • Have kids or work on it at least :)
Live happily ever after:

  • This one is fiction, but fact remains that I’ll try to [live happily ever after] as much as possible. But most importantly work on not having to immigrate ever again in my life; and this is a damn good resolution I’d love to stick to more that any other.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 EVERYONE!

May you stick to your New Year’s Resolutions, fulfill your dreams and hopes and have a wonderful year that you deserve, with all the success and the love in the world. Remember that happiness is in your own hands and it can be found in front of your nose. Be happy and focus on the good things in life!

HAPPY PEACEFUL 2008 DEAR LEBANON!