Monday, April 09, 2007

The man

May 2006 we met again. He opened his arms and hugged me tight. We’ve known each other for years and years and we met every time I went back home, but this time something was different. This time my heart sang a different tune when my eyes met his eyes. My heart danced a “valse” that it never danced before...

The evening in Amchit was magical, the moon was smiling and the sea was calmly listening in the darkness of the peaceful night. I didn’t want it to end, I wanted so much to tell him that but words wouldn’t come out of my mouth…

On that last morning when he woke me up to say goodbye, I didn’t want to let him go, I didn’t want to leave yet again. Lebanon now has yet another meaning to me. It is not only the land, the memories, my childhood anymore. Lebanon now is a man too, my man! Can my heart love more than it already does? And I left, again, the country, and this time the man...

“Je t’aime” he said the other day… For the first time these words sounded right, they sounded true and complete. Little words that came from a distance and meant the world to me. Little words, powerful words that mean endless evenings together, endless mornings together, loving one another for an eternity.

I can't wait to start the rest of my life with you... my man, my soul mate, my love, my country.


Je t'aime!


Update: April 15/07
Nado, thank you very much for your poem. You know how to put feelings into words that go straight to the heart. Karam and I are grateful and we both thank you very much. Alla yhanniki w ya3tikeh iyyem fara7 w y7a22e2lik kell oumniyetik!